Course Number: INTEGSCI 260
- Students must have a confirmed faculty research mentor for the semester.
- Permission from instructor required: Please fill out this form to request enrollment permission.
Fall 2022 Not Offered
- Typically offered fall semester
One-credit course for students interested in engaging in research, to be taken alongside 1–3 independent research credits in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field. Students must have a confirmed faculty research mentor for the semester. Students do not need to have started their research experience.
If you are an undergraduate engaging in research, the Entering Research seminar series can help you get the most out of your research experience.
If you’re just starting out and need help finding a mentor or want to learn more about how to get involved in undergraduate research, visit the Research section of biology.wisc.edu or stop by the BioCommons at Steenbock Library and talk with an Undergraduate Research Peer Leader.
Entering Research Part 1 will give you tools and skills to help you foster a successful mentor/mentee relationship and tailor your research experience to your interests and goals.
- Learn about the roles, responsibilities, and relationships that make for a successful research experience
- Define an independent research project with your mentor
- Develop your science communication skills through reading, writing, and presenting research
- Learn about and discuss strategies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM