- Tuesdays, 1 p.m.–2:15 p.m.
Integrated Science 150: Exploring Research in STEM
One-credit seminar for students interested in engaging in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) research experience.
Exploring Research in STEM will offer you an overview of the research process and opportunities to build your skills in reading scientific literature. Activities within this course will help you to...
- Learn about different approaches in science research
- Gain skills in reading scientific literature
- Deepen your understanding of how the scientific method translates into real experimental designs
- Explore your research interests and find a research mentor
- Explore STEM careers involving research
445 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
I earned my PhD in Plant Breeding Plant Genetics from UW-Madison and continued my education with a postdoctoral experience centered on developing first-year transition programs for biology students. After working at the University of Michigan in the Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, I joined the WISCIENCE staff as the Director of Mentor and Mentee Training.
I coordinate the Integrated Biological Sciences Summer Research Program, coordinate and instruct the Entering Mentoring and Entering Research courses, and oversee the research peer leadership students.
Outside of work, I love hanging out with family, cooking, and spending time outside.