- This event has passed.
Advancing Research Mentoring Practice Workshop (Section 1)
February 13 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Monday, repeating until February 13, 2023
Effective mentoring skills can make the difference between a mutually beneficial, productive mentoring relationship and one that is draining for the mentor and discouraging for the mentee.
Benefits of this workshop:
- Build community with other professors navigating similar situations
- Develop effective and culturally responsive mentoring skills
- The Entering Mentoring curricula series addresses the new NIGMS guidelines regarding the preparation of mentors involved in training grants
- Strong mentorship has been linked to enhanced mentee productivity, self-efficacy, career satisfaction, and is an important predictor of the academic success of scientists in training
- The curriculum is based on proven mentor training curricula; even experienced mentors learn strategies for more effective mentoring from the training
- Follows the National Academies’ consensus report, The Science of Effective Mentorship in STEMM, recommendation to use an evidence-based training