Course Number: INTEGSCI 261
- INTEGSCI 260 or prior research experience and permission from the instructor
- Students must identify a research mentor prior to the start of the semester
- Typically offered spring semester
Take your research experience to the next level with key skills to help you understand scientific communication and participate more fully in the research community.
One-credit seminar for undergraduate researchers with 1 or more semesters of prior research experience to be taken alongside 1-3 independent research credits in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field. Students need to identify a research mentor prior to the start of the semester.
Entering Research Part 2 takes it to the next level, giving you key skills to help you understand scientific exchange and participate more fully in the research community. Students are encouraged to present at the Undergraduate Symposium in April.
- Improve your written and oral scientific communication skills in a supportive atmosphere.
- Build independence and confidence as a researcher.
- Develop a plan to guide your STEM career and professional development.
- Learn strategies for effective networking within the scientific community.
- Learn about and discuss strategies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM.