WisTEP offered one‐ and two‐week professional development courses for K‐12 teachers on a range of biology and health topics. Professor Raymond Kessel founded WisTEP around 1990, and the program became part of WISCIENCE in 2007. WisTEP courses are developed and implemented in close partnership with UW–Madison faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergrads as well as with classroom teachers and other community members.
Some of the regularly offered courses taught by WISCIENCE staff under the WisTEP umbrella are:
- Inquiry‐Based Science Teaching: a one‐week immersion course for K‐12 teachers
- Inquiry‐Based Teaching and Learning: a three‐week course emphasizing quantitative reasoning and science literacy development for middle and high school science teachers
- Rainforest and Coral Reefs: an 11‐week online course for middle and high school educators
- Science Futures: a one‐week course on science teaching for K‐12 educators
- Wisconsin Tree Identification: a two‐week blended course (online and field work)